Eating isn't meant to be micromanaged
- Are you tired of going on and off diets, programs and protocols that offer false hope and blindly promise “magic pill” weight loss solutions? Yeah… even the ones that claim, “it’s not a diet, it’s a lifestyle.”
- Are you sick of feeling like a “failure” every time you “fall off the wagon” with rigid nutrition programs?
- Do you feel at war with your body? Constantly berating yourself for feeling “out of control” around food or feeling guilt and shame when you regain weight after a diet?
- Are you feeling overwhelmed by all the mixed nutrition advice on the internet that leaves you feeling confused about how to care for your genuine health and wellness concerns?
- Are you ready to give up obsessive behaviors around food and exercise and learn how to take care of yourself in a more sustainable and kind way?
- Are you looking to explore the roots of your food and body image concerns and begin true healing?
Life's too short to keep counting calories, it's time to find food freedom
I offer nutrition coaching services for women who are fed up with diet culture and are looking to make peace with food. I practice nutrition with a weight inclusive lens (all bodies, shapes, sizes and abilities welcome), using non-diet approaches to promote a healthy relationship with food and foster development of positive body image. Through my work with clients, I use the framework of Intuitive Eating to teach and empower individuals to listen to the wisdom of their own body and it’s unique needs. I don’t use the scale or BMI as a barometer for your health (these are very poor indicators of health). I care about YOUR unique story, you’ll have an opportunity to tell me everything that has shaped your current relationship with food so we can determine the best path to begin our work together. My holistic approach encompasses a variety of tools, methods and interventions that support long-term health and wellness.
What is Intuitive Eating?
Evelyn Tribole MS, RDN, CEDRD-S, one of the creators, describes Intuitive Eating as a dynamic interplay between instinct, intellect and thought or emotion.
Simply put, Intuitive Eating seeks to help individuals restore a positive relationship with food and body. This occurs through a process of unlearning diet culture’s lies about thinness and health while working to foster a strong mind-body connection that helps individuals reconnect to their natural born ability to nourish their body.
Say goodbye to the EXTERNAL rules (aka diets, intermittent fasting, keto, etc.) you’ve used to dictate what, when and how much you’re “allowed” to eat.
Say hello to your INTERNAL wisdom. It’s time to rebuild trust with your body. Bodies are incredibly smart and are designed to keep us safe at all costs.
Anytime we ignore our body’s cues (thirst, hunger, sleep, the urge to urinate), the body fights harder to communicate it’s needs. This is why diets fail time and time again… when we drastically reduce our calorie intake, the body feels threatened. It sees this as danger! We need food to survive and when our body doesn’t get the fuel it needs, it finds ways to compensate by slowing down our metabolism to conserve precious energy for essential functions like our heart beating and our lungs breathing. The body will also increase levels of the hormones that make us feel hungry to prompt us to eat food (oh hello cravings!). Diet conditions us to believe that our “lack of willpower” is the reason we’ve failed yet another diet.
What if I told you it’s not about willpower at all? It’s literally a survival mechanism! Your body is protecting you – as hard as it might be to believe, your body is on your side.
As an Intuitive Eater, you’ll embark on a journey of self-discovery that will help you repair your broken relationship with food and relearn how to nourish yourself from a place of self-care and love rather than restriction and punishment. You’ll finally reach a place where you can enjoy food and nourish your body with principles of gentle nutrition (based on your unique health needs).